Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FROM 1ST JUNE 2019
AS PER THE TENANT FEES ACT JUNE 2019 YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:-
- Paying a holding fee (equivalent to one week of the monthly rent)
- Paying a deposit equivalent to 5 weeks rent
- Paying your rent monthly in advance
- Paying all utilities and council tax bills during term of lease
- Adhering to a property inspection schedule
- Care of property and inventory
- Ensuring all references and credit checks are satisfactory
- Insuring own contents/possessions
RESTRICTIONS WITH A TENANCY AGREEMENT
Some restrictions may include:
- You will be prevented from running a business from the property.
- Pets. Some landlords will not accept pets. Those who do may require additional cleaning to be paid for on termination of the lease.
- Smoking. Landlords will not permit smoking in the property. If it’s evident you have smoked then you may become liable for re-decoration costs.
- Sharing. We do not accept Sharers or Multiple Occupancy
- Benefit recipients. The landlords’ insurers and mortgage lender impose a restriction.
The lease signing can take from 30 – 60 minutes. We recommend you read the lease prior to this signing appointment giving you an opportunity to familiarise yourself with all the details and prepare any questions. A lease will be available on request.
On your move in date an appointment will be made for the keys and the inventory to be collected from our office.
Once you have moved into your property you have seven working days to check the inventory and hand this back to us (managed only). If there is anything we have missed or something needs fixed please note this on the inventory and return to us.
If you wish to leave the property at the end of the tenancy, you must give us one month’s notice in writing. Should you wish to leave before the Tenancy End Date you will be charged an Early Termination Fee of £300 plus vat payable from the Bond.